Angels are mythical beings often depicted as messengers of God in the Hebrew and Christian Bibles along with the Quran. The English word angel is derived from the Greek word “αγγελος or angelos”. Where and how were they created remains a mystery. Have they existed throughout eternity? Or were they fashioned by God? Are they eternal beings, or are they mortal? Find out today as the X-Files examines the subject of “angels”.
spirituality, even as its enigmas and mysteries have baffled scholars
and intrigued the faithful. What are the facts behind these figures of the Bible?
The obvious question would be where do angels come from? There is no easy answer to this particular question. Some feel strongly that they were created before the six days outlined in Genesis one and others say that they were created on one of those six days, though there is no way of telling which one. Unfortunately, the Bible does not contain something solid on this. Also, the Bible never explains why God would ever need angels but then again it really doesn’t explain why he created the universe, and mankind as well.
By the time of the New Testament in the Christian faith angels, were seen as both messengers of God and as attendant spirits, (see e.g. Acts 12.15 – Peter, miraculously released from prison, knocks on the door of the house where some of the other disciples are staying. They refuse to believe it is truly him: ‘It is his angel’.)
Their names and titles.
- Ministers :signifies religious duties and spiritual service
- Psalm 103: 20,21, and Psalm 104:4
- Host: military service Gen:32:1-2, Joshua 5:14, 1Samual 17:45, Psalm 89:9.
- Chariots:Refers to their swiftness llKings 6:16-17, Psalm 68:17,Zecheriah 6:5.
- Watchers:supervisors and agents Daniel 4:13,17.
- Sons of the mighty: their awesome strength and power Psalm 29:1, Psalm 89:6.
- Sons of God: In the old testament angels were called this Job 1:6, Job 38:7, Gen 6:2,4.
- Holy Ones , Saints: their total seperation to the will of God Psalm 89:7, Danl 8:13.
- Stars: Refers to their number and brightness Psalm148:2-3,Revel12:3-4
What are they exactly? Do they have bodies? Do they ever die? Are new ones ever born? Are they all-powerful life God, or do they have regular strength like humans?
sometimes they are revealed in human form. They are more powerful than
humans and less powerful than people. Even those who believe in the
existence of angels concede that they rarely make a physical appearance.
However, there are other ways guardian angels can make their presence
known, they say.
- Read Hebrews 1:13-14 – According to verse 14, do angels have a body, or are they spirits?
- Read Matthew 22:30 – If angels don’t have a body, do they ever get married?
- Read Luke 20:36 – Do angels ever die?
- Read Daniel 9:21 – Are angels omnipresent?
- How do angels travel? Read Luke 8:31-32 – In the larger passage that surrounds these verses, Jesus is getting ready to cast demons out of a man. They must be obedient to Christ. Therefore, are they all powerful? Read Psalm 8:4-5 – Are angels as powerful as man or more? Though angels are not human, they do possess some human characteristics. List them after the following passages:
- II Peter 2:4 –
- I Peter 1:12 –
- Mark 13:32 –