Democrats Abroad Greece (DAGR) invites all American citizens who happen to find themselves in Greece this U.S. Independence Day to gather up families and friends (of any nationality) and join them for a traditional small-town July 4th beach party in Anavyssos. The celebration will be held near the Hotel Calypso, which is a fine secluded cove with lovely views and ample free parking. The location in Anavyssos, is shortly after the kilometer 48 marker on the Sounion Road. There are tables and chairs, ample shade, a protected swimming area, rest-rooms, and other facilities (and you can combine it with an outing to the temple of Poseidon). Entrance is free. We will be selling hot dogs (with salads), corn on the cob, and beer, to raise money for the 2012 voter registration drive. Organizers encourage all participants to bring their Greek and/or foreign friends to share this traditional holiday. For more info, please email (email@example.com) or telephone (210-3227463) to Brady Kiesling, DAGR Secretary.
- DATE: Sunday, July 3, 2011
- TIME: at 6:30 pm
- PLACE: Beach of the Hotel Calypso ANAVYSSOS, AFTER KILOMETER 48, ON THE SOUNION ROAD
- FIREWORKS (a little after 9 pm) + The STAR-SPANGLED BANNER
- FOOD: HOT DOGS WITH THE WORKS + GREAT HOME MADE SALADS, SOFT DRINKS, COFFEE AND ICE CREAM also available.
- ACTIVITIES: SWIMMING +FINE CONVERSATION